Tuesday, September 18, 2012

CrossFit Challenge: The Results

From Cassidy:

The two months of our challenge ended a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to writing this post until today. Mainly because I was nervous to correctly put my experience in words. I almost feel like there are no words that capture it properly.

I had been so nervous to start this challenge. I hated to work out. I mean...hated it, and as a result I hated my body. So I started CrossFit, and I got angry when I stepped on the scale and didn't see any changes. But after a couple of weeks, I stopped getting on the scale, and just started looking at my body. It was definitely changing. I looked into the mirror and thought, oh hello arm muscles, hello calf muscles, hell-oh booty! My mother asked me the other day if I was going to stop now that the challenge was over, I said, "Have you seen me lately?" We both laughed. It is nice to have confidence again.

But more than just muscles, I have gained teammates...a support system....a family. I feel like that is why I love this sport so much. Not because I'm seeing results (which I am!) but because I know that the guys and girls at Uproar are there to help me. Bad days, good days. Whatever. It also doesn't suck that I have the coaching staff that I do. I don't hesitate to tell my friends that we have the best coaches in state..in the country.

Now, I get upset when I have to miss a workout. All I can think is, when can I go back? When can I see my Uproar family again? It's the best feeling.



From Marty:


I have been a hairstylist for over 20 years, in the Martial Arts for much longer than that, and doing different weight training programs for years. I am currently the owner of On Stage Magnolia and Arashi Dojo.

In the hair business we stand up all day with our hands in front of us. It is terrible for our backs shoulders and neck, Stefan's training has helped me with this in many ways. My lower back gave me problems where I couldn't do squats anymore. Now I squat more than I ever have! The mobility training has helped me with my shoulders also.

In Martial Arts we want to be strong flexable and not bulky. When I say strong, I don't mean big arms and little bird legs. I mean functional, balanced, usable strength. We also need endurance and I have it.
Stefan also knows the difference between just fit verses healthy and fit. To me that means your not only going to be strong have energy and look great, you will not have to visit the doctor as much, if at all.
I have gotten a wealth of knowledge from Stefan and his crew, thanks to all of them!




From Trish:

I have been working out with the guys from CrossFit Uproar for 8 weeks. I was skeptical about CrossFit at first because I have bulging discs in my neck and have been going to therapy. Stefan and his crew really are careful about technique so you don't get hurt.

My neck has been better since I started. I have strengthened my whole body, so that now I am stronger and have better posture. I have lost fat and replaced it with muscle. My waist is flatter and firmer, and my butt is higher.

Thanks CrossFit Uproar for helping me to accomplish things I didn't know my mind and body could do.




Are you ready to challenge the way you live? Come visit CrossFit Uproar or find a CrossFit gym near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!